- Children of Apate are able to fake their attack, lowering the guard of the enemy and giving way for the child to strike a full-blown attack.
- Children of Apate are able to command a weapon to go against it's master's will. However, they cannot command a weapon bigger than them. Also, the master of the weapon can resist the will of the weapon. Once the effect has wore off, the weapon is immune to further effects of it.
- Children of Apate are able to make the objects in a small area shift appearance or location, confusing those who will see it. While the skill is in effect, it will continuously drain the user.
- Children of Apate are able to trick charging enemies face to the opposite direction and charge at the direction instead. The more enemies and the longer the distance, the more it drains the child.
- Children of Apate are innately able to see through lies, fakes and illusions.
- Children of Apate are stronger when his/her true intentions are enshrouded in lies.
- Children of Apate have the innate ability to confuse and mislead others.
- Children of Apate are able to enchant a weapon with mind-disrupting abilities for a short period of time.
- Children of Apate are able to make someone speak the opposite of their thoughts.
- Children of Apate are able to mimic the voice of a person they already heard of speaking. The quality of the mimicry depends on the focus and skill level of the user.
- In rare cases, Children of Apate are able to take the form and personality of another person the enemy holds dear or treats importantly. They may flawlessly make the victim spill out the most sensitive secret or lie they keep. If the victim sees through the trick, the child may revert back to his/her usual self.
- Children of Apate are cunning, sly and uneasily fooled.
- Children of Apate are very good liars and at making alibis.
- Children of Apate are commonly distrustful of people they first meet.